The Nexus studio lies at the heart of our productions. It provides the artistic and technical support to realise the vision of our directing talent and craft beautifully executed ideas.
The studio is led by a team of technical directors, animators, designers,coders and artists backed by an animation and VFX pipeline capable of producing multiple high-end 3D projects. It also provides the creative and logistical support to our live-action and stop frame productions.
Our in-house capabilities include: script writing, concept art, character design, pre-viz, 3D animation, stop frame, 2D animation, compositing, CG effects, motion graphics, software development, and stereoscopic delivery. The studio also houses the interactive arts team complementing our filmmaking skill-sets with fast and efficient pipelines for creative development in C++, HTML5, Unity, Android, IOS and other technologies that have a different visual or interactive requirement.
Based in London's Shoreditch district, the 150-seat studio lies in the middle of London's creative and tech hub, giving it access to an amazing community of leading artists and innovative coders.
We're always looking for talented designers, 3D and 2D artists, technical staff, interactive programmers and production people to join us. Browse the openings below and let us know if you'd like to be considered for a position.
We are looking for someone with passion for moving image and design who is excited by the challenges of generating new business for super talented directors and technologists.
In this role, you will be required to work with the Executive Producer of New Business to build on existing relationships, identify and grow new partnerships and ensure the Nexus and Nexus Interactive Arts brands and individual directors are accurately represented to the industry and beyond. You will also be supporting the EP of New Business on associated administrative duties.
- Building our brand awareness and increasing script and project flow by strengthening existing relationships and identifying potential new clients
- Along with the EPs and ECD, be the brand’s presence in the market; regular face-to- face meetings, showreel presentations etc
- Creatively manage individual directors’ showreels
- Keep Directors’ biographies and diaries up to date
- Active involvement in creation of outbound newsletters
- Work collaboratively with PR to define effective and innovative PR and marketing initiatives; this includes social media and managing relationships with key blogs
- Arranging overseas sales trips to key markets and areas of growth for the EPs
- Network with all client types, this may require attending evening and weekend functions, events and shows etc.
Skills And Requirements
- A self-motivated, creative, passionate, bright, highly organized, proactive and tenacious individual who possesses excellent communication skills and a thick skin
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. The individual does not necessarily need to possess previous experience in the role but should have experience working within the advertising industry with a keen interest in film-making and experiential projects
- An understanding of the world of animation and new technology would be a bonus
How to Apply
If you are enthusiastic and dedicated and keen to join a growing London studio, please send your CV, portfolio and a brief email saying why you are suited to the role to email@example.com, with the subject: ‘New Business’.
Nexus Studios is a production company, animation and interactive arts studio looking for a visual researcher with graphic design experience to join us on a full time basis. We are looking for someone with passion for imagery and design to work with our Directors and producers, visualising ideas through print and digital treatments.
This creative role requires someone who has a broad knowledge of art, design, illustration and animation and is keen to find stills and images that bring a project to life and work alongside directors to develop their pitch documents.
- Producing impactful and engaging treatments, working closely with world-class directors to translate their ideas
- Image research to support a Director’s treatment in line with the client’s brief
- Treatment layout, design and output
- Generating a wide range of decks for presentations and marketing needs
- Maintaining brand graphics and materials across print and digital
- Maintaining and evolving templates and brand guidelines
- Updating website content, microsites and creating digital marketing materials
- Good working knowledge of Creative Suite, Acrobat and Keynote
- A good eye for layouts, colour and typography
- Design training or similar, with experience creating materials for print, motion and web
- Experience optimising materials for output across print and digital
- Organised self-starter who can work well under tight deadlines
- A stickler for detail
How to Apply:
If you are enthusiastic and dedicated and keen to join a growing London studio, please send your CV, portfolio and a brief email saying why you are suited to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for the right fit to start asap.
We are looking for a full-time VFX Supervisor to join our busy studio in Shoreditch. Our award-winning, diverse studio is a hotbed for some of the best talent in the industry, covering every discipline from hand-drawn 2d through to high-end VFX and now also includes our rapidly growing VR studio.
The VFX Supervisor works to achieve the creative ambitions of the Director and/or Producers, taking responsibility for the overall VFX Post Production process on projects ranging from commercials, original content and AR/VR. The VFX Supervisor will lead their team of artists throughout projects, ensuring that good and clear communication occurs at all times from concept through to delivery.
• Forging a strong dialogue with Directors and actively providing creative/technical solutions to production/creative challenges.
• Managing and leading teams to create 3D and 2D content for a variety of styles and projects on schedule and budget.
• Working closely with other leads and technical directors to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity.
• Liaising where necessary with clients and 3rd party contractors.
• Working with studio management to create estimates for studio budgets and help in assembling teams of freelance crew for each project.
• Working with production management to provide task breakdowns and help drive the team to meet schedule and budget.
• Working closely with the project management team as well as collaborating with department heads to improve efficiencies to studio processes and workflow as a whole.
• Ability to supervise live action shoots (project dependent) which may involve international travel.
• At least 8 years experience in a studio at senior level.
• Advanced knowledge of 3Ds Max (1st preference) or Maya (both would be ideal)
• An interest in advancing technologies including AR, VR and realtime rendering.
• Strong leadership qualities with a desire to confidently lead, motivate, develop and supervise a team.
• Great communication skills and confidence communicating with others at all levels of the company.
• Good working knowledge of lighting, rendering, VFX and compositing.
• Familiarity with technical/pipeline issues and a typical animation production environment.
• Self-motivated problem solver.
• Fluent English (spoken and written).
To apply, please send your CV and reel along with a bit about yourself to email@example.com with VFX Supervisor as the subject header.
We are looking for a full-time CG Lead to join our busy studio in Shoreditch. Our award-winning, diverse studio is a hotbed for some of the best talent in the industry, covering every discipline from hand-drawn 2d through to high-end VFX and now also includes our rapidly growing VR studio.
The CG lead will oversee the teams at a project level, providing technical and artistic leadership and managing the day-to-day production needs. The Lead will have the ability to participate as a leader and hands-on contributor through all stages of post-production.
The ideal candidate will have a broad background creating different kinds of content as well as experience of leading teams of CG artists of various levels through the production.
· Managing and leading teams to create 3D and 2D content for a variety of styles and projects on schedule and budget.
· Quality controlling output by the team on assigned tasks in line with budget requirements.
· Forging a strong dialogue with Directors and actively providing creative/technical solutions to production/creative challenges.
· Working closely with other leads and technical directors to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity.
· Liaising where necessary with clients and 3rd party contractors.
· Working with studio management to create estimates for studio budgets and assemble teams of freelance crew for each project.
· Working with production management to provide task breakdowns and help drive the team to meet schedule and budget.
· Working closely with the project management team as well as collaborating with department heads to improve efficiencies to studio processes and workflow as a whole.
· Willing to attend and/or supervise live action shoots (project dependent) which may involve international travel.
· At least 5 years experience in a studio at senior level.
· Advanced knowledge of 3Ds Max is essential with knowledge of Maya a bonus.
· An interest in advancing technologies including AR, VR and realtime rendering.
· Strong leadership qualities with a desire to confidently lead, motivate, develop and supervise a team.
· Great communication skills and confidence communicating with others at all levels of the company.
· Good working knowledge of lighting, rendering, VFX and compositing.
· Familiarity with technical/pipeline issues and a typical animation production environment.
· Self-motivated problem solver.
· Fluent English (spoken and written).
To apply, please send your CV and reel along with a bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org with CG LEAD as the subject header.
The Senior Pipeline Technical Director is responsible for improving the overall efficiency of the production pipeline. They design, implement, and manage tools that assist the digital artists with their daily use of both third party and inhouse software and systems. These tools are intended to make the CG & 2D production as efficient and productive as possible and to develop the pipeline in response to the varied projects in production. The Senior Pipeline TD will work with the 3D supervisors to craft new tools, techniques, and procedures to aid the execution of the current projects and advance the capabilities of the studio as a whole. The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of software design, graphics, and production workflow.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with other Supervisors and all artists to help design and create tools
for each discipline to be integrated into the existing pipeline & to troubleshoot & fix problems.
• Directly support the artists to resolve technical problems, process queries and suggest alternative workflows, to increase productivity.
• Work with department representatives to augment their work flows and tool sets to achieve specific goals of the project.
• Craft and update documentation for tools, techniques, and work flows.
• Complete tasks within the time frame given by the production and be able to self-initiate longer term projects.
• Maintain a good team dynamic
• Train other users to use the developed tools
• 3+ years experience in Animation, Feature Films, Games or other
• Core Skills:
• Advanced Maxscript Knowledge
• Python (Including PyQt/PySide)
• Sound understanding of the entire 3D production process, with a specialism in either Rigging,
• Animation or Lighting.
• Working experience with one or more professional graphics packages, including 3dsMax,
• Maya, Houdini, and Nuke.
• Desirable Skills:
• Maya (Mel/Python)
• VR/Unity, specifically game asset creation
• Solid understanding of command line processing
• Shotgun (including Toolkit API)
• Deadline API
• Version Control (Git)
If you are interested in this position please send your resume and demo reel (if applicable) by
email to: email@example.com
Nexus makes award-winning film and interactive media. Be it hand-made or high-tech, we bring together a roster of globally acclaimed directors, production capabilities and technology to create engaging stories and experiences.
An integral part of this is our busy in-house studio, driven by some of the industry’s most talented 2D and 3D artists.
The Maya Pipeline Technical Director is a newly created position to help us efficiently solve the different challenges we’re facing, coordinate the pipeline between departments and build technical experience within the studio.
This is a great opportunity for somebody seeking a technical decision-making position while still working on a variety shots and influencing the aesthetic look of the show. We’re looking for somebody who is experienced, motivated, curious and has initiative.
Minimum 2-5 Years experience of Maya pipeline development in a production studio, specialise in Rigging and Animation
Developing our Maya pipeline and integrating into existing software pipeline.
Advise producers and supervisors on appropriate technical procedures.
Maintaining & developing asset management & publishing tools.
Liaising with studio departments for workflow problems and requests.
Manage requests from departments and advise on workflows, creating your own tools and helping other TDs with making and using them.
In depth technical knowledge of Autodesk Maya.
Rounded knowledge of all departments’ requirements - in particular rigging and animation.
Python / PyMel.
An advanced understanding of Maya deployment in a studio setting.
Ability to manage personal workload along with advising and liaising with other members of the TD team.
Confident problem solver.
Proactive approach to researching and adopting new tools.
Fluent English (spoken and written).
Excellent communication skills.
Bonus (Preferable) Skills:
Shotgun or similar asset management system.
Render farm software (Deadline or similar)
C++ compiling experience, (for extension / plugin release building).
Tool writing for Nuke and Maya.
Start Date:Early 2016
Application Deadline: 27th May
Nexus is looking for a motivated and organised Animation Production Manager to join its London studio. They will be working as part of a busy, close-knit production team, co-ordinating all types of animation with opportunities to also work on live action and mixed media projects.
Working closely with the Producers, Studio Manager and animation teams, the Production Manager ensures that projects are on schedule and meeting all production deadlines. They are a key team member, communicating between all parties to ensure smooth running productions.
Required Skills & Experience
- - Minimum 2 years experience in a production company and/or extensive knowledge of animation.
- - Good understanding of the CG animation pipeline and knowledge of other animation pipelines (2D, stop frame, etc).
- - Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, InDesign, Keynote, F-Track and Shotgun (desirable), and any other similar software that is necessary for the role.
- - Good communication and presentation skills.
- - Team player with attention to detail and an ability to prioritise.
The ideal candidate will be personable and organised, with the ability to remain calm in busy situations, an interest in all aspects of production and the desire to build a career in the industry.
Please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name and Production Manager in the subject line.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Compositing Supervisor. This is a full-time position and will be based at our busy studio in Shoreditch.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be hands-on, supervising compositing work across all jobs within the studio.
- Provide technical guidance and training to those in the team.
- Brief compositors and provide constructive feedback to ensure consistency.
- Manage production workflow and pipeline.
- Take ownership and be responsible for the team and quality of the work.
- Have a strong understanding of CG and live action integration within 2D workflow.
- Understand colour pipeline management (luts, neutral grades, DI, etc.).
- Have solid on-set supervision experience.
- Have the ability to provide creative and artistic solutions to compositing challenges.
- Be experienced in project management, balancing quality with time constraints.
- Have strong technical knowledge of both Nuke and After Effects.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your details and a link to your showreel, with the subject heading 'COMPOSITING SUPERVISOR'.